Thursday, March 4, 2010

That's my darling minpin, Bandit.  He's so spoiled . . .  and . . .  hyper . . .  and . . . he rules the house.

Our kids and grandkids live in another state, so we choose  to lavish all of our love and attention on this little guy who gives so much love back to us.  He brings us a lot of joy and happiness and fills the void that's there from not having our family living close by.

I've got some recipes I've been wanting to share with you, but this past month I've been voluntarily helping my husband at his work.

He's a manager for a heavy equipment rental store and his counter girl had surgery the beginning of February. I've been filling in for her and will be until she returns.

With the economy like it is, they aren't hiring anyone to fill her position so it's either my dh goes nuts trying to juggle everything that needs doing, or I go in and help out. I decided I wanted to help him as much as I possibly can. He's already on overload as it is.

I've been going in around noon and staying for three to four hours. For many, this would be an easy task. But I've got fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis so it's been a little difficult this past month, with pain, weakness and lack of energy.

I've over-indulged in some off plan foods. Just tonight I had too much cashew butter. I'm thinking I'll need to throw it out. I hate to do that though because it's expensive, but I don't want the temptation around either. When I first began E2L, I even froze the stuff thinking that would prevent me from spooning the sweet, yummy, creamy butter into my mouth. It didn't work so I threw it out. I've been doing fine having it around the past six months or so, but not lately.

I've also been struggling with diet coke. You'd think I'd have kicked it by now. But it still comes around to haunt me and I cave in. I kicked it once, I know I can do it again.

I think I justify drinking it because I'm tired all the time and think I need a caffeine kick. I think it's also become a comfort food. I enjoy the taste and it makes me feel better. Water just doesn't do the same thing.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm complaining. I'm not. I think I'm just unloading my frustration with myself, so that I can readjust my thinking and head in the right direction again.

I came up with another chili recipe. And I made cornbread to go with it and it's a vegan recipe from Susan's website. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

I tried a black-bean burger which I liked, but dh didn't so I'm on the look out for a bean or veggie burger he'll like. The black-bean burger had great flavor to me, but for dh, it was soft and moist and that's not what he likes as a burger substitute. So I'm looking for a texture that's more dry and even crusty on the outside if that's possible.

If any of you know of a recipe like that, I'd appreciate recommendations. There have been some recommendations from fellow nutritarians at the member's website. So I'll start with those and keep trying until my quest is accomplished. I'm determined and I'm sure there's an alternative burger out there somewhere that will meet the requirements I'm looking for.

So hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with  a recipe or two.  Eat to live y'all!

No comments: