Sunday, March 21, 2010

Better Than Lara Bars

I visited a blog recently that isn't vegan, nor is it E2L compliant.  But it has some good looking recipes that are vegetarian and/or vegan and will appeal to many nutritarians who eat a more healthy diet or those who follow Eat To Live, McDougall, or the Engine 2 Diet.

Some of the recipes can be adapted to eating the E2L way by omitting the salt and oil.  Some of the baked goods can be adapted as well.  There's some great looking soups that appeal to me, but the next recipe I'm trying will be the brownies. 

Okay, back to the bars.  :)

They're easy to throw together and if you follow her suggestions with the foil and wax paper, it makes it so much easier and less messy.  Hope you'll give these a try.  I think you'll be thrilled with the results.  You can vary the dried fruits, nut and seeds which I'll do the next time I make them.

You could add these to your children's lunch.  I'm sure they'll love them.  Have them help you make them and add their favorite dried fruits and nuts.

These would be great for on the go, after working out at the gym or before.  They'd be great if you go camping or trail walk. 

I'm looking forward to trying some of her other recipes soon! I hope you will too and leave a comment here as to what you decided to try and whether or not you liked it.

Eat For Health, Everyone! :)

You'll find the recipe here: http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com/2010/02/fruit-seed-nut-power-bars-no-added.html

No comments: