Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie



I made a pumpkin smoothie today.  I'm eating it now.  So yummy.

I say eating because it turned more into a pudding rather than a drinkable smoothie.  I still have 2/3rd's of it left so I may add more soymilk to make it drinkable. Or, I may just eat the rest as a pudding, it's so delicious.  :)

The seasonings were the same as on the canned pumpkin.  I used half of the pumpkin puree so I used half of their recommended spices.  The result is that it has the flavorings of a pumpkin pie.



Ingredients:

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 box 12.3 oz. silken tofu
1 cup unsweetened soymilk
1 frozen banana
4 date rolls or medjool dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
1 - 1 1/2 cups of ice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture to the left is a coconut date roll.

Directions:
Add everything to vitamix blender and blend well.  Add the ice and blend well again.

Edit:  I left out the tofu, and it's just as creamy without it.  I want it to be more of a milkshake smoothie instead of a thick milkshake, but I'm happy with it the way it is. 
I'm afraid if I make it thinner, it will end up weak tasting and I don't want that!  It's delicious as is.

Also, this time I used medjool dates instead of the date rolls, and it tastes just as good.  If the coconut sounds good to you,  you could add some unsweetened dry coconut to the smoothie.  This recipe is enough for two servings, if you can control yourself and only eat one.  :-)

No comments: