Monday, October 26, 2009


I am still so thrilled with my homemade soy yogurt. I ate some with lunch today as a dessert.

I measured 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries and microwaved them just enough so that they weren't frozen hard anymore, but still frozen. Sort of like a softer frozen only not soft. Is that confusing? :-)

On top of that I added probably three forth's cup of my homemade yogurt, and I absolutely loved, loved, loved it. Most of the blueberries are underneath the yogurt.

Smooth, creaminess passed my lips with a mild tartness with a slight hint of vanilla. I thought my yogurt days were over, but since trying the crock pot method of making yogurt, I'm now doing a happy dance with my bowl of yogurt in one hand, and a spoonful of yogurt in my mouth with the other.

I'm thinking that I could do this with any fruit and combine it to make a nice, creamy yogurty dressing for my salad, or just enjoy it as a dessert.

Either way, if you're someone who is vegan and have given up yogurt because it's dairy, this yogurt version made with soy milk is quite delightful.


A guy named Slim from a yahoo group discussion list came up with a different version of yogurt that I'd like to try sometime soon. He uses lentil milk with some other ingredients which sounds intriguing. I'll let you know when I give it a try.

Eat to live!
Laina :-)

No comments: