Saturday, August 8, 2009

Spiral Slicer - A must have tool

Joyce Chen Saladacco Spiral Vegetable Slicer

I bought a spiral slicer a couple three weeks ago. I finally got it out and used it today. I'm so glad I did. Why did I wait so long? I highly recommend you buying one if you don't already have it.

I made zuchinni spaghetti for supper tonight, and it was wonderfully delicious. And fantastically easy, what a quick meal.


I happen to be growing summer squash in my garden this year and had some sitting on the counter.

I spiralized a couple of them, medium in size and topped them with Walnut Acres low sodium tomato basil spaghetti sauce. I warmed the dish in the microwave for a minute or two, just to warm it, and wow. The crunchy texture of the raw zuchinni, and the tomato sauce delighted my palate.

I love this dish so much that I know I'll be eating it often. And the slicer was easy to use, easy to clean, and actually it was fun to operate.

Next I'm going to give carrots a try and add them to my salad. I love new kitchen tools, don't you?

No comments: